ICA – the Award winning Center as the “Best Overseas Partner Institution 2011, 2013 and 2014” for the Best Services by Indira Gandhi National Open University and recipient of “Best Distance Education B-School of Nepal 2013” was established in 1997 and has been providing educational services to the nation since then. In 2002, it became the first Partner Institution (PI) currently known as Overseas Study Center (OSC) of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) in Nepal. It is one of the pioneer Institution of Open and Distance Learning (ODL) in Nepal. The study center is approved by the Ministry of Education, Government of Nepal. It is also the only educational institution from Nepal to become the member of Asian Association of Open Universities ( www.aaou.net ) .It has been providing internationally acclaimed degrees through the ODL Mode of education in Nepal.
ICA presently offers 9 different Academic, Value Added and Awareness programs through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode in Management, Humanities & Social Science, Tourism, Computer Science, etc .The learners enrolled in ICA are fresher’s or professionals from diverse fields such as Hospitality industry, Financial Institutions, Telecommunication, Corporate Houses, Embassies and Diplomatic agencies etc. ICA also offers such programs in collaboration with government and non-government agencies through an arrangement of program specific Work Centers and a strong network of Learner Support Centers situated in different locations of Nepal.
ICA offers a unique opportunity to study and work simultaneously. Hundreds of learners have successfully completed their graduation, under-graduation, post-graduation, diploma and certificate level programs. Due to the dedication of the faculty members, members of the staff and the hard work of the learners, the success rate of the students is always very high. Two of the learner of ICA , Mr. Gagan Gurung on 2011 and Ms. Kirtan Shrestha on 2016 has been Awarded with the prestigious Nepal Bidhya Bhusan Award. Ten Learners form ICA has also received IGNOU Gold Medal in the faculty of Management, Tourism Studies, Computer Science and Health Science, Sociology and Rural Development in the past. IGNOU degrees awarded through ICA have also been recognized by all the Universities of Nepal including Tribhuvan University and other Government , non-Government agencies and Corporate houses of Nepal.
- To impart quality education at affordable rates
- To provide a platform to those who have missed the opportunity to further their education.
- To provide higher education to a large section of the population
- To promote Open and Distance Education in Nepal
- To develop human resources in various sectors of Nepal
- Study Center approved by the Ministry of Education, Govt. Nepal
- To study on one’s own Time, Pace & Place
- For quality education and congenial Academic Environment
- Variety of Academic Programs
- Ample classes under the supervision of Qualified and ODL Experienced Academic Counselors
- Well-equipped lab and library facilities
- An effective Student Support System
- Cost effective modular programs & flexible admission rules
- Diverse Learner group.
IGNOU Degrees enjoy wide recognition Globally. It is recognized among others by:
- Tribhuvan University (TU), Nepal.
- Kathmandu University, Nepal
- University Grants Commission (UGC),Nepal
- University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi, India
- Distance Education Bureau (DEB) , India.
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU ), New Delhi, India
- All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), India
- National Council for Teachers Education (NCTE), India
- Indian Nursing Council (INC), India
- Bar Council of India (BCI), India
- Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), India
- Common Wealth member countries
- American colleges and universities
- Academic and Professional institutions as well as by the Government, Industry and business establishments