ICA – the Award winning Center as the “Best Overseas Partner Institution 2011, 2013 and 2014” for the Best Services by Indira Gandhi National Open University and recipient of “Best Distance Education B-School of Nepal 2013” was established in 1997 and has been providing educational services to the nation since then. In 2002, it became the first Partner Institution currently known as Overseas Study Center (OSC) of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) in Nepal. The university is one of the largest universities in the world and is awarded with A++ rating by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). ICA is the pioneer Institution providing internationally acclaimed degrees through the Open Distance Learning mode of education in Nepal. The study center is approved by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Government of Nepal and Tribhuwan University. IGNOU degrees awarded through ICA are recognized by all the Universities of Nepal, Government and non-Government agencies and corporate houses of Nepal. IGNOU degrees are also very well recognized internationally as well.
ICA presently offers eight different academic programs through Open and Distance Learning mode in Management, Humanities & Social Science, Tourism and Computer Science.The learners enrolled in ICA are freshly graduates or professionals from diverse fields such as Hospitality industry, Financial Institutions, Telecommunication, Corporate Houses, Embassies and Diplomatic agencies etc. ICA also offers programs in collaboration with government and non-government agencies through an arrangement of program specific work centers and a strong network of Learner Support Centers situated in different locations of Nepal.
‘Study from your own Place, Pace and Time’ is the slogan of ICA as we offer a unique opportunity to study and work simultaneously. Hundreds of learners have successfully completed their graduation, under-graduation, post-graduation, diploma and certificate level programs. Due to the dedication of the faculty members, members of the staff and the hard work of the learners, the success rate of the students is commendable. Three learners of ICA, Mr. Gagan Gurung on 2011, Ms. Kirtan Shrestha on 2016 and Ms. Chahana Singh on 2019 has been Awarded with the prestigious Nepal Bidhya Bhusan Award by the honorable President of Nepal. Apart from this, we have had eleven learners from ICA who has also received IGNOU Gold Medal in the faculty of Management, Tourism Studies, Computer Science, Health Science, Sociology and Rural Development.
- To impart quality education at affordable fees.
- To provide a platform to those who have missed the opportunity to further their education.
- To provide higher education to a large section of the population.
- To promote Open and Distance mode of Education in Nepal.
- To develop human resources in various sectors of Nepal
- Study Center approved by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MOEST), Government of Nepal
- To study on one’s own Time, Pace & Place
- For quality education and congenial Academic Environment
- Variety of Academic Programs
- Ample classes under the supervision of Qualified and ODL Experienced Academic Counselors.
- Well-equipped lab and library facilities
- An effective Student Support System
- Cost effective modular programs & flexible admission rules.
- Diverse Learner group.
IGNOU Degrees enjoy wide recognition globally. It is recognized among others by:
- Tribhuvan University (TU), Nepal.
- Kathmandu University, Nepal
- University Grants Commission (UGC),Nepal
- University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi, India
- Distance Education Bureau (DEB) , India.
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU ), New Delhi, India
- All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), India
- National Council for Teachers Education (NCTE), India
- Indian Nursing Council (INC), India
- Bar Council of India (BCI), India
- Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), India
- Common Wealth member countries
- American colleges and universities
- Academic and Professional institutions as well as by the Government, Industry and business establishments